Perfect Flat White
A Flat White is a coffee beverage comprised of one or two shots of espresso, steamed milk and 2-4mm of microfoam on top.
In most of the cities in Australia such as Adelaide, some coffee shops serve a Flat White as a small Latte. However, at Lygoncoffee, we treat a flat white is another way to enhance the flavor of the bean itself while making a milky coffee.
What components make a GOOD Flat White?
- Packing as much flavor as possible into a small cup.
- The coffee should be high quality, not over-roasted bean, dosed and ground proportion correctly to ensure the perfect extraction of the coffee liquor(espresso base).
- Uses less milk and less foam.
- The foam has tiny bubbles microfoam in order to make the texture feel velvety
- There should be a natural creamy sweetness
- The coffee needs to do most of the talking not the milk